Polish law enforcement officials had suspended the investigation into the fall of a rocket in Przewodów in late 2022 when two men died in the Polish border village.
Investigation of the missile fall in Przewodów
The Polish radio station RMF FM reports that the reason for suspending the investigation is "the lack of any cooperation from Ukraine regarding the explanation of this tragedy."
The Polish Prosecutor's Office noted that the decision was made "in connection with a long-term obstacle in the further proceedings, which consists in waiting for the fulfilment of requests for international legal assistance."
Poland appealed to the Ukrainian authorities many months ago. It was, among other things, about obtaining information that would allow 100% confirmation of who fired the rocket and from where.
RMF FM writes that the suspension of the proceedings means that it is impossible to establish the circumstances of this event definitively and, therefore, to indicate who exactly is to blame for the death of Polish citizens.
Last year, the conclusion of Polish investigators showed that it was a Ukrainian anti-aircraft missile fired during a massive Russian missile attack.
The missile fall in Przewodów: what is known
On November 15, 2022, a rocket fell and exploded in Poland near the Ukrainian border, killing two men aged 59 and 60.
Polish President Andrzej Duda said it was a Russian-made missile from the S-300 air defence complex, but it is unknown who launched it.
Ukraine asked to provide access to the site of the explosion to representatives of the Ministry of Defense and the State Security Service.
US President Joe Biden said, "Given the trajectory, it is unlikely that the missile was launched from Russia, but we will see."