AFU destroyed the Russian Army's command post near Sevastopol — video
Category
Events
Publication date

AFU destroyed the Russian Army's command post near Sevastopol — video

Mykola Oleschuk
Sevastopol

On January 4, around 3:00 p.m., near occupied Sevastopol, Ukrainian pilots struck a junction point of the Russian occupying forces. The occupiers said its air defense had worked against enemy targets, but Sevastopol had damage. At the same time, the Russians, according to tradition, do not recognize hitting a military object.

The command post of the Russian occupiers was hit near Sevastopol

In the afternoon of January 4, explosions rang out in several cities of the occupied Crimea. Locals claimed about "hits".

According to the Armed Forces, on January 4, around 15:00, a junction point of the Russian occupation forces was hit near Sevastopol.

As noted in the Air Force, the operation was carried out with the help of Ukrainian pilots. The commander of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Lieutenant General Mykola Oleshchuk, thanked the soldiers for their work.

Once again, I thank the pilots of the Air Force and everyone who planned the operation for their flawless combat work, Oleshchuk wrote.

Oleshchuk also hinted that he expects from the enemy propaganda the same epic report from Sevastopol and Yevpatoria, which they spread the other day during the massive attack on Ukraine.

At that time, the Russian Federation announced an alleged hit to one of the headquarters, where Deputy of the AFU Commander-in-Chief Valerii Zaluzhny and nine other AFU generals were located.

The situation in Sevastopol: what is known

The Russian occupation authorities said air defense had worked against enemy targets. However, there is damage in Sevastopol. At the same time, they do not recognize hitting a military object.

online.ua

Crimean "governor" Mikhail Razvozhaev reported that one adult and a six-year-old child were allegedly injured in the shelling.

The official wrote about the alleged fall of shrapnel in different parts of the city.

Explosions in Crimea on January 4

Around 3:40 p.m., an air alert was announced on the territory of Sevastopol, temporarily occupied Crimea. Also, before that, Russian terrorists blocked traffic on the Kerch Bridge.

For almost an hour, the Russians complained about massive rocket fire, and explosions rang out on the territory of Sevastopol and Yevpatoria.

As the local publication claimed, one of the missiles probably hit the military unit in Sevastopol.

Category
World
Publication date

600 bunkers. Estonia to strengthen border with Russia

Estonia
Source:  ERR

In 2025, Estonia plans to begin construction of fortifications with bunkers on the border with Russia.

Points of attention

  • Estonia plans to construct 600 bunkers on the border with Russia to enhance its defense capabilities, including protection against attacks and drones.
  • The bunkers will be strategically located on both state and private land and are designed to withstand a 152 mm shell hit, drawing from the experiences of the war in Ukraine.
  • The Estonian military is nearing the final stages of coordination with the Defense Forces to begin building the first stronghold of 14 bunkers, with more to follow on the southeastern border.

Estonia is strengthening its border with Russia as much as possible

It is planned that the first stronghold of 14 bunkers in the northeast will be ready by the fall, with four more bunkers to be built on the southeastern border.

In total, the defense chain will include about 600 bunkers on the eastern border. The defense structures are planned to be built not only on state but also on private land.

By the beginning of the summer, the Estonian military must choose one of two types of bunkers that were tested last year. According to them, the testing took into account the experience of the war in Ukraine. In particular, the bunkers must withstand a hit by a 152 mm shell.

We have not tested the bunkers against drones, but the amount of explosives used during the tests is sufficient to provide protection against them. When installing the bunkers, we take into account the experience gained in Ukraine, where special nets and means are used against drones so that the drone cannot directly enter the bunker, explained Ainar Afanasyev, head of the engineering department of the Defense Forces division headquarters.

It is also planned to install anti-tank barriers and fire position equipment. Some elements of the defensive zone will be installed only in times of crisis.

In times of crisis, explosive barriers, mines, and explosive charges will be used, and measures to destroy bridges and pipelines are also envisaged. These measures are not used in peacetime, but are used in times of crisis.

It is noted that the exact location of these strongholds is currently in the final stage of coordination with the Defense Forces.

By staying online, you consent to the use of cookies files, which help us make your stay here even better 

Based on your browser and language settings, you might prefer the English version of our website. Would you like to switch?